I realize I haven’t been writing much lately and I’ve probably said this before. I’m now a homeowner, which has been taking up quite a bit of my time outside of work. We also just bought a new car, trading in our two cars for just one. For those interested, it’s a 2008 Subaru Legacy Outback 2.5i. It’s quite a nice car and a good upgrade from the two we had (my 2003 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport and Susan’s 2002 VW Jetta GLS). Unfortunately, I had to give up my manual transmission, but the change was worth it. After only putting 2500 miles on Susan’s car in the last year and having to put several hundred dollars worth of work into it because it sat most of the time (I wasn’t really willing to drive it to work just to give it use, I hated it), we decided we had no need for 2 cars, but we couldn’t keep mine, the more utilitarian one, being a wagon, because Susan couldn’t comfortably drive it (the manual transmission being the main culprit). We opted for a bigger car because there might be a possibility of a family someday and I firmly believe that cars are meant to be run until they die. Well, that and the fact that when we go on trips, mine somehow got overfilled.
I’ve been drinking a lot of beer and spending time with friends and family over the holidays, which has taken up my time over the past couple weeks, being on vacation (though I go back to work tomorrow, ugh).
Anyway, here’s what to look for in 2009:
- Updated WordPress – I’m planning on doing a full site update at some point.
- More posts about beer.
- Homebrewing! I’ll be getting equipment sometime this month and will hopefully brew my first batch by spring (style TBD, but possibly a porter or stout of some kind so Susan will let me continue brewing).
- Cooking with beer – something I’ve wanted to do for a while and once we’re fully settled, I plan on doing some more cooking.
- More on Providence and my new neighborhood – I plan on getting involved with Friends of Elmhurst.
- Phish!!!! They’re back and I’ll be at some shows.
- Local music – I hope to find some time to check out some more local music.
- Technology – I want to use technology a bit more in my house, this might be a bit more long term than the next year, think 2-3 years.
- Technology – Cell phone contract is up in April, plan on going the smart phone route and re-evaluating carriers.
I’m looking forward to 2009. From what I’ve been reading, I’m the only one looking forward to it. The economy still sucks, but I have hope it will pick up again. It should be a good year for me as I should be able to start some new hobbies and continue with some old hobbies. I’ll be going on a ski trip in February to Sunday River. I’ll probably have some stuff to report about that as well (both about the skiing and the beer). It should be fun.
So here’s to a great 2009!